Elaine Skinner’s four top tips on including Pantone’s colour of the year Marsala in the home It has been announced that Marsala is Pantone’s colour of the year. This earthy, impactful colour is a great way to inject warmth and luxury into all rooms of the home. Elaine Skinner, design director at Hops and Camellias, shares her tips on how to use it to breathe life into your interiors. 1. Marsala is complimentary to rich timbers and dark stones, or try using the colour in a space with an exposed brick wall to contrast. 2. Accessories in Marsala look great and can add warmth to small spaces, or create intimacy within larger spaces. 3. Why not try something new with paint? Marsala skirting boards with exposed floorboards and metallic accessoriescan enhance timber floors in coastal homes. 4. With such a deep and intense colour, painting all the walls with Marsala can sometimes close in the space. Limiting it to a small area and complementing it with greys and charcoals in your furnishings will give your interior the edge for 2015 http://www.yourhomemagazine.co.uk/article/3380/marsala
- Is there one room in your home that is either tired or bothering you? Here’s Elaine Skinner’s interior design tips.
- Elaine Skinner discusses her top 2020 interior design trends.
- Elaine Skinner discusses the absolute essentials for a luxury holiday let.
- Elaine Skinner gives her top insider tricks to freshen up your holiday rental.
- Elaine Skinner discusses creating a luxury holiday home and the best use of your budget.